TELP The Literacy Program Phonics Level 1A
Phonics 1A is part of the TELP Literacy Program.
Included in this pack:
- Letters A – M
- 112 Worksheets
- 130 Flashcards
- Letter of the Week
- Letter Maze
- Hidden Letter
- Where is Letter A?
- Color by Numbers
- Colouring pages
- Handwriting Practice
Why is this Important?
1.Understand that each alphabet letter has a distinct shape and name.
2.Correctly identify each letter of the alphabet.
3. Recognise uppercase and lowercase letters.
4. Phonics – Learn the connected relationships between the letters and the spoken sounds.
5. Develop correct letter sound recognition.
6. Recognise the starting sounds of words.
7. Develop phonemic awareness – the ability to hear, identify and arrange phonemes (individual sounds). • Understand that letters are the building blocks of words.
8. Demonstrate correct handwriting techniques through tracing and letter writing exercises.